- There are about 200 species of prickly pear cactus.
- The Indian Fig prickly pear is grown for food in Mexico and many other places.
- Its large fruits are called tunas and taste like very sweet watermelon. (see third small photo below main photo above)
- Instead of having thick, long [green] stems, these cacti have flat, paddle-shaped stems.
- Young [green] paddles are also eaten.
- They taste like tart green beans.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This candy has a good flavor. It is not very strong. I would purchase again.
These were perfect as a sweet treat, soft and delicious and conveniently packaged.
Candy represents AZ as well as tasting wonderful!!
This is nicely packaged for a class hand out . The kids got a taste of Arizona